Category:Public School 64 (New York City)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Public School 64 at 605 East 9th Street between Avenues B and C in the Alpabet City area of the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1904-06 and designed by C.B.J. Snyder in the French Renaissance style. The "H"-shaped plan of the building was an innovation of Snyder's to increase the amount of light and air that classrooms would receive in a school located in the middle of a block. The school closed in 1977 and the building saw use as a community center until the mid-90s, but was sold in 1998. It was designated a NYC landmark in 2006. (Source: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.))

Media in category "Public School 64 (New York City)"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.