Category:Queen Arwa mosque, Jibla
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Queen Arwa—Arwa al-Sulayhi Mosque — 11th-century Shia mosque in Jibla, Yemen.
- 'Queen' Arwa al-Sulayhi (c. 1048–1138; death: 22nd Shabaan, 532 AH), was the long-reigning ruler of Ancient Yemen.
- She is also known as the "Little Queen of Sheba," al-Sayyidä al-Ḥurrä ('the Noble Lady'), and al-Malikä al-Hurra ('the Noble Queen').
- Arwa was given the highest rank in the Yemen da'wa, that of hujja, by Imām Al-Mustansir bi'l-Lāh in 1084. This was the first time that a woman had ever been given such a status in the entire history of Islam.
العربية: أروى بنت أحمد
Media in category "Queen Arwa mosque, Jibla"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Mosque view from entra...
- Hurrat-ul-Malaika mosq...
- Hurratul malika.jpg
- Jemen1988-006 hg.jpg
- Jemen1988-007 hg.jpg
- Mimbar Hurrat-ul-Malai...
- Mosque carved historic...
- Mousoleum Hurrat-ul-Ma...
- Qibla Hurrat-ul-Malaik...
- Queen Arwa Mosque - Ji...
- Yemen - by Steve Evans...