Category:Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda (building)
In contemporary usage, the term Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda (building) refers to the remaining parts of the complex of buildings which in the Nazi era had served as seat of the Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda under minister Joseph Goebbels. They are located on Mauerstraße and Wilhelmstraße in Berlin-Mitte. The complex originally consisted of three parts: a) the old Ordenspalais building on Wilhelmplatz, which in the 18th century had housed the Order of St. John and had later served as residence to serveral princes of the house of Hohenzollern; b) a huge annex to the Ordenspalais, erected between 1936 and 1940 and designed by architect Karl Reichle in the Nazi architectural style; the main entrace of the Reich Ministry on Mauerstraße was located in this annex; c) the Hofmarschallhaus on Wilhelmplatz (now Wilhelmstraße), built in 1885; it was redesigned and attached to the ministerial complex by Reichle. The Ordenspalais was destroyed in World War II, but both the other parts of the building complex still exist. They form a historical landmark which is now the seat of Germany's Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales (Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs). The ministry uses the Hofmarschallhaus on Wilhelmstraße as entrance building.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda (building)"
The following 25 files are in this category, out of 25 total.