From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Rye Foreign is a village and civil parish in the Rother District of East Sussex, England. It is located three miles (4.8 km) north-west of Rye. The name of the parish came about in 1247, when King Henry III, resumed control of Rye and Winchelsea from the Abbey of Fecamp, but left part of the area still under the Abbey: hence Rye Foreign. There is no parish church, although the building still stands in secular use.