This category is intended to show examples of manually drawn SVG graphics, where some skill has been used to simplify the structures.
Of course, all the files contained are as well Valid SVGs.
By using the appropriate SVG elements, and avoiding all the garbage typical for tool drawn graphics, the file sizes are kept at a reasonable size. The sizes are not minimized at any price. Where useful, embedding of comments, linefeeds and other structuring items keeps the text rather readable.
The methods of drawing the graphics should be useful examples of some educational value, giving hints to other users for solving different levels of complexity.
Tool drawn graphics often
- contain a lot of unnecessary prologue preambles,
- use very complex path structures for drawing the simplest elements,
- perform transformations (sometimes cascades of 5 or more) where they can easily avoided,
- specify up to 8, sometimes 15 decimal fractions, in most cases without any need,
- specify style attributes redundantly because the values are implied,
- specify sometimes all the text-attributes where no text is anywhere,
- define lots of definitions e.g. gradients that are nowhere used,
- contain large blocks of invisible (display="none") coding,
- repeat ever and ever unreferenced definitions, and
- create a lot of unreferenced IDs and groupings, comments and more.
By manually redrawing such a graphic it becomes easily a tenth or twentieth of the former file size.
For an example, the most simple drawing Dice-0.svg was previously 200 times larger and contained embedded raster graphics.
Tools cannot recognize when simple geometric structures are needed, nor do they give attribution to centering, symmetry, parallelism or visual perspectives. Often they draw very odd shaped graphics, with complex cubic Béziers where straight lines should show.
The worst things come from Adobe Illustrator. After generating all the crap mentioned above it can add huge blocks of pgf data; removing that reduces an Adobe made SVG file often to a half promille of its size, one example of many can be seen in the history of Spain traffic signal r200.svg. Another example of Adobe garbage creation is the dot pattern.
Files categorized herein should contain either an upload history or a link to the other file, showing so the different ways to produce the [almost] same graphic output, and the different file sizes, too. Where it seems useful, additional explanations can be given adding a talk page to the file, and categorize it then to the category Simplified SVG discussions.
- Sorting order within this category
- It is suggested to order the files by their reduction ratio:
- When Trine-symbol.svg from 26 August 2007 had a size of 2022 and is now 188 bytes, the quotient 188/2022 is 0.09297725; the first four digits after the "0." are the sorting key, written [[Category:SVG Simplified| 0929]], with a space between the "|"-stroke and the four digits to prevent group 0..9 creation.
Only some files with a reduction to less than 5 % (ratio up to 0500) should be shown there, if examples of special interest.
This category has the following 22 subcategories, out of 22 total.
- ► SVG simplification examples (14 F)
- ► SVG simplification templates (44 F)
- ► SVG simplified 7segment digits (37 F)
- ► SVG simplified arrows (2 C, 16 F)
- ► SVG simplified basics (18 F)
- ► SVG simplified Coats of Arms (3 C, 97 F)
- ► SVG simplified flags (4 C, 196 F)
- ► SVG simplified geometrics (1 C, 112 F)
- ► SVG simplified icons (1 C, 80 F)
- ► SVG simplified logos (2 C, 47 F)
- ► SVG simplified orders (1 C, 83 F)
- ► SVG simplified roundels (44 F)
- ► SVG simplified signs (1 C, 62 F)
- ► SVG simplified symbols (4 C, 46 F)
- ► SVG simplified unicode (1 C, 49 F)
- ► SVG simplified unknown source (empty)
Media in category "SVG Simplified"
The following 76 files are in this category, out of 76 total.
- Sq2 blueblack.svg
- BKV h7 jms.svg
- Etoile argent.svg
- BJT NPN symbol (case,...
- Dolby 5.1 Raumklang.svg
- Digit 8 small.svg
- Sq2 redwhite.svg
- Feng shui.svg
- IDF Ranks Samal.svg
- Eye icon 04.svg
- Hanse Rostock.svg
- Archaic S.svg
- OldCamera icon.svg
- Vesica Piscis.svg
- Chess Board.svg
- Japanese color scheme...
- Tox Caution affix.svg
- Lateral mosfet.svg
- BSicon exnSTRq.svg
- City locator 27.svg
- ICS Repeat Three.svg
- ICS Five.svg
- Sawtooth pi.svg
- Rampa indiretta.svg
- Color square cm.svg
- Sextic Graph.svg
- DIN 4844-2 D-P000.svg
- Converted from SVG.svg
- Reseau arborescent.svg