Category:Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church at the corner of Summit and Hicks Streets in the Carroll Gardens neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1875 as St. Stephen's Church and was designed by Patrick Charles Keely in the Gothic style. The Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish, which served Brooklyn Italian community, was founded in 1888, and lost its church to the building of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway in 1941. The parish them moved into St. Stephen's Church. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and Church website)

Media in category "Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Stephen's Church"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.