Category:Schmidt's College

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Die Schmidt-Schule des katholischen Deutschen Vereins vom Heiligen Lande ist eine Mädchenschule nahe dem Damaskustor in Jerusalem. Ihr Gebäude, 1964 errichtet, ist an das Paulus-Haus Jerusalem angebaut, in dem die Schule bis dahin untergebracht war. Die Schule wurde 1886 gegründet, damals in einem Bau in der haNevi'im Straße und von 1890 bis 1907 vom Lazaristen-Pater Wilhelm Schmidt (1833–1908) geleitet und schließlich nach ihm benannt.
English: The Schmidt College for Girls (Schmidt-Schule) of the Catholic Deutscher Verein vom Heiligen Lande (German Association of the Holy Land) on Nablus Road/Derekh Shkhem 2, is a girls' schhool close to Damascus Gate in Jerusalem. Its current building, erected in 1964, is adjacent to Paulus-Haus Jerusalem, which also housed the school between 1950 and 1964. The school was named after Lazarist Father Wilhelm Schmidt (1833–1908), leading the school between 1891 and 1907, then in its old premise on haNevi'im Street.

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Media in category "Schmidt's College"

The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.