From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Shachi is a legendary creatures of Japan. Shachihoko(Shachi statue) is used Japanese roof. It comes from Chiwen, one of the 9 son of dragons in Chinese culture, where it is used on roof to protect from fires. Since the end of XVIII century, France use this creature too, as castle ornaments or as decorative objects, under influence of Chinese culture.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Kinshachi of Nagoya Castle (12 F)
Media in category "Shachi"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Castillo de Osaka - Ad...
- Himeji Castle gargoyle...
- Himeji Castle No09 125...
- Himeji Castle No09 135...
- Shachihoko w Himeji.JPG
- Sommet du chateau d'Hi...
- Two fabulous dolphinli...