Category:Shukhov Oka Towers
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Shukhov Tower on the Oka River — the hyperboloid lattice shell tower is a landmark lattice steel power transmission pylon, in central Russia.
- The Shukhov Towers form of hyperboloid pylons was designed and engineered by the great Russian scientist - Vladimir Shukhov (1853-1939). The two Oka towers used Shukhov's form when built in 1929 during the Soviet Union era.
- They were built on opposite banks of the Oka River, in present day Nizhny Novgorod Oblast, allowing the high voltage transmission lines to cross over. The extant tower is on the west bank near the town of Dzerzhinsk — the world’s only surviving hyperboloid electricity pylons.
- Its former counterpart was on the east bank, in the Bogorodsky District, and was illegally destroyed and demolished for scrap steel in 2005.
Español: Torre de Shújov en el río Oká — Rusia.
Русский: Шуховская башня на Оке, у города Дзержинска
Media in category "Shukhov Oka Towers"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.