From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Sirhowy Tramroad was constructed in 1805. The Tredegar Iron Company was responsible for the track from Tredegar to Nine Mile Point, near Cross Keys, with the remainder between Tredegar Wharf at Pillgwenlly, Newport, being built by the Monmouthshire Canal Company. Conversion of the 24-mile line to standard gauge was completed in 1863, and the Sirhowy Tramroad became the Sirhowy Railway Company in 1865. The line was closed in 1960.
Media in category "Sirhowy Railway"
This category contains only the following file.
- Disused railway bridge...