Category:St. Ansgar (Hamburg-Neustadt)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Die römisch-katholische Sankt.-Ansgar-Kirche, volkstümlich Kleiner Michel genannt, in der Hamburger Neustadt wurde 1953 bis 1955 von Jean Charles Moreux und Johann Kamps erbaut. Sie ersetzt die alte Michaeliskapelle (erstmals 1600 erbaut, Neubau von 1754), die die französischen Besatzer 1811 der römisch-katholischen Gemeinde Hamburgs von zugesprochen hatten und die im Zweiten Weltkrieg zerstört wurde.
English: The Roman Catholic Saint Ansgar Church, colloquially called Kleiner Michel (Small Mike), in Hamburg's Neustadt (New Town). The present building, eretced between 1953 and 1955 by Jean Charles Moreux and Johann Kamps, is replacing the Michael's Chapel, first erected in 1600, newly built in 1754, and once owned by the Lutheran St. Michael Church (nicknamed Michel). In 1811 the French occupants granted the Lutheran chapel to the Roman Catholic congregation, however the building was destroyed by British air raids in WW II.

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.