Category:St. Augustine's Church, Manhattan

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

St. Augustine's Church at 290 Henry Street between Montgomery and Grand Streets in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1827-29 as the All Saints' Free Church, and was constructed out of Manhattan schist. The Georgian-Gothic design is credited to John Heath, and includes a double pediment and a projecting tower. The church was enlarged in 1848. In 1949, the congregation merged with St. Augustine's Chapel of Trinity Church, located at 107 East Houston Street, and the new combined congregation used the sanctuary on Henry Street, which was made a NYC landmark in 1966. It became an independent parish in 1976. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))

Media in category "St. Augustine's Church, Manhattan"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.