Category:St. Francis of Assisi Church (Manhattan)
The Church of St. Francis of Assisi at 135 West 31st Street betwen Sixth and Seventh Avenues in the Garment District of Midtown Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1891 and was designed by Henry Erhardt in the Gothic Revival style. It was constructed on the site of a previous church, which had been dedicated in 1844. In 1925 one of the largest mosaics in the United States, The Glorification of the Mother of Jesus by Rudolph Margreiter was installed in the church, and in 1958 a courtyard was added to the building. (Source: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))
Media in category "St. Francis of Assisi Church (Manhattan)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.