Category:St. George's United Methodist Church (Philadelphia)
St. George's United Methodist Church, at the corner of 4th and New Streets, in the Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, is the oldest Methodist church in continuous use in the United States, beginning in 1769. The congregation was founded in 1767, meeting initially in a sail loft on Dock Street, and in 1769 it purchased the shell of a building which had been erected in 1763 by a German Reformed congregation. (Source: Historical marker on site)
This is a category about a place or building that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in the United States. Its reference number is 71000064.