Category:St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Manhattan)
St. Peter's Episcopal Church, at 346 West 20th Street between 8th & 9th Avenues in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was founded in 1831 on land leased from Clement Clarke Moore, who later deeded it to the congregation. (He was also a warden, vestryman and organist for the church.) It was an outgrowth of the nearby General Theological Seminary, also built on land Moore donated. The Gothic Revival building itself was built in 1836-1839 by James W. Smith after designs by Moore. The rectory next door (which was the original chapel for the congregation) was built in 1832. The east hall is now used by the Atlantic Theatre Company. The complex is included in the Chelsea Historic District. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC, (4th ed.), Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), Church website)
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Atlantic Theatre Company (1 C, 4 F)
Media in category "St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Manhattan)"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.