Category:St Eval

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: St Eval is a small village and civil parish in north Cornwall, United Kingdom. The old village was acquired by compulsory purchase in 1938 and almost completely demolished in order to build an RAF Coastal Command Station, RAF St Eval, leaving only the Norman church, the Vicarage, and a single farm called Trevisker. These buildings were effectively surrounded by RAF activity, and during World War II were taken over for RAF use, with the church tower used as an observation post and navigation mark. The new Village now bears the title Trevisker St Eval
Polski: St Eval, wieś w Kornwalii. Mieściła się tam baza lotnicza RAF, w której stacjonował m.in. 304 Dywizjon Bombowy "Ziemi Śląskiej im. Ks. Józefa Poniatowskiego". W miejscowym kościele mieści się "izba pamięci" poświęcona lotnikom RAF. Ekspozycja zawiera odznaki jednostek stacjonujących w bazie.

Subcategories

This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.

B

C

P

R