Category:Stamps of Russian offices in the Turkish empire
Like various other powers Russia maintained post offices in the Turkish empire before WW1. The authority was based on treaties which ended with the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923. The foreign post offices were closed Oct. 27, 1923.
The post offices in the Turkish Empire were run by Р.О.П.и.Т., Русское общество пароходства и торговли (ROPiT - Russian Steam Navigation and Trading Company). General issues were in use throughout the period but several local overprints were introduced in 1909. This included the offices at Mytilene, Salonika and Mount Athos. Other Russian POs in Greece were at Kandia, Volos (Thessaly), Port Lagos (Thrace), Khios and Rhodes.
- Dates: 1863 – 1914
- Currency: (1863) 100 kopecks = 1 Russian ruble, (1900) 40 paras = 1 piastre
Russian post offices:
- Mount Athos;
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Stamps of Russian offices in the Turkish empire"
This category contains only the following page.