Category:Stone City, Iowa
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Stone City Historic District — encompassing the historic properties of Stone City, in Jones County, Iowa.
- The John A. Green Estate is a major Historic district contributing property to the Stone City district. The Estate's private and public buildings were constructed of limestone quarried from John Green's local Champion quarries businesses.
- Site of the early 20th-century Stone City Art Colony, and ongoing Anamosa Limestone quarries.
- The Green Estate and other contributing properties are on the National Register of Historic Places.
Español: Stone City — Iowa.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Stone City, Iowa"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Blacksmith Shop Stone...
- Columbia Hall Stone Ci...
- Dearborn Residence Sto...
- General Store in Stone...
- J Green Estate.jpg
- John A. Green Mansion.jpg
- Old Stone Barn.jpg
- Stone City School.jpg
- Stone City Water Tower...
- Stone City, Iowa.JPG
- Stone Water Tower.jpg