Category:Sultanate of Lahej
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Sultanate of Lahej (Arabic: سلطنة لحج [Salṭanat Laḥij]) — was formerly located in southwestern Yemen.
- An 'independent' (1728 - 1839), also known as the Abdali Sultanate (Arabic: سلطنة العب دلي [Salṭanat al-ʿAbdalī]), then a British Protectorate 1839, and in 1869 with the Suez Canal opening, it became part of the British Aden Protectorate (1869 - 1963).
- Its capital was Lahej (Lahij), and after 1919 it included the area of Subeihi. The Sultanate became part of the British Federation of South Arabia in 1963.
- The Sultan of Lahej was expelled in 1967, with the formation of the Soviet People's Republic of South Yemen (1967 - 1990).
العربية: سلطنة لحج