The former Sun Yat Sen Villa (now the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall) at 12 Tai Gin Road, Singapore 327873, was constructed by businessman Boey Chuan Poh around the 1880s. It was purchased by Teo Eng Hock for his mother and named Wan Qing Yuan (晚晴园; "a haven of peace in one's later years"), but offered by him to Sun Yat Sen as a base for the revolutionary movement called the Tongmenghui (同盟会). The building was bought by six of Sun's former comrades in 1937 and offered to the Chinese Nanjing Republican Government. It was later placed under the care of the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCCI), which refurbished it in 1964 and 1965 and opened a museum there in 1966, renaming it the Sun Yat Sen Villa. The SCCCI acquired land behind the villa to provide for additional exhibition space. Following further restoration and the construction of an annex, the building – now known as the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall – reopened in November 2001. The National Heritage Board took over management of the building, which was relaunched in 9 October 2011 following further refurbishment. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 28 October 1994.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.