From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This is a main category requiring frequent diffusion and maybe maintenance. As many pictures and media files as possible should be moved into appropriate subcategories.|
|Category Tamil Nadu on sister projects:|
English: Tamil Nadu (Tamil: தமிழ்நாடு "Country of the Tamils") is one of the 28 states of India. Its capital and largest city is Chennai (formerly known as Madras). Tamil Nadu lies in the southernmost part of the Indian Peninsula and is bordered by Puducherry (Pondicherry), Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. It is bound by the Eastern Ghats in the north, the Nilgiri, the Anamalai Hills, and Palakkad on the west, Bay of Bengal in the east, Gulf of Mannar, en:Palk Strait in the south east and Indian Ocean in the south.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
- ► Cities and villages in Tamil Nadu (217 C)
- ► Architecture of Tamil Nadu (17 C)
- ► History of Tamil Nadu (40 C, 1 F)
- ► Nature of Tamil Nadu (30 C)
- ► Wildlife sanctuaries of Tamil Nadu (18 C, 2 F)
- ► Categories of Tamil Nadu (7 C)