Category:Tan Teck Guan Building

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
The Tan Teck Guan building at 16A College Road, Singapore 169855, today within the compound of the Singapore General Hospital, was built in 1911 in a Georgian style with neoclassical details with a S$15,000 donation from Tan Chay Yan in memory of his father, who was the second son of Tan Tock Seng. The building was an annex to the Straits and Federated Malay States Government Medical School, renamed the King Edward VII School of Medicine on 18 November 1913. The King Edward VII School of Medicine became the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Malaya after its founding in 1949. The building, which currently houses offices of the Ministry of Health, was gazetted as a national monument on 2 December 2002.

Pages in category "Tan Teck Guan Building"

This category contains only the following page.

Media in category "Tan Teck Guan Building"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.