From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Lindens — also known as the King Hooper House — located at 2401 Kalorama Road, N.W., in the Sheridan-Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, D.C.
- Built in 1754 by Robert "King" Hooper, the Georgian style home was originally located in Danvers, Massachusetts, and once housed colonial governor Thomas Gage. A wealthy couple purchased the building in 1934 and had it dismantled, shipped to the District in six railroad boxcars, and reassembled on Kalorama Road (1935–1937).
- The Lindens is the oldest extant building in Washington, D.C., although the Old Stone House in Georgetown is the city's oldest building on its original foundation.
- A contributing property to the Sheridan-Kalorama Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington, D.C..