From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Norwood is located at 1868 Columbia Road, N.W., in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Built in 1916 to the designs of architectural firm Hunter & Bell, the Classical Revival apartment building is designated as a contributing property to the Washington Height Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. Former occupants include Major General James B. Aleshire, John H. Bankhead, Tallulah Bankhead, William B. Bankhead, Commander Edwin V. Bookmiller, John L. DeWitt, Judge George E. Downey, Robert B. Howell, Commander T. A. Kearney, Alexander C. King, Josiah A. Van Orsdel, Assistant Surgeon General J. C. Perry, Lewis A. Pick, Brigadier General and Legion of Honor recipient William S. Pierce, Robert F. Rockwell, and John H. Smithwick.