From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- In Ancient Rome thermopolia (singular thermopolium) were small shops had L-shaped counters into which large storage vessels were sunk, which would contain either hot or cold food. They are linked to the absence of kitchens in many dwellings and the ease with which people could purchase prepared foods - just as in modern times. Eating out was also an important aspect of socialising.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Caseggiato del Termopolio (Ostia Antica) (27 F)
Media in category "Thermopolium"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Ancient Bar, Pompeii.jpg
- Ancient Roman fresco i...
- Bible museum - Kneipe.jpg
- Pluschow, Wilhelm von ...
- Thermopolium in Pompei...
- Pompeii termopolium.jpg