Thiruvananthapuram district is the southernmost district of the Indian state of Kerala. The headquarters is in the city of Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) which is also the capital city of Kerala. The district has an area of 2192 km², and a population of 3,234,356 (as per the 2001 census), the second largest in Kerala. It is divided into four talukas: Thiruvananthapuram, Chirayinkil, Nedumangad, and Neyyattinkara. The district stretches 78 km along the shores of the Arabian Sea on the West, Kollam district lies on the north with Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari districts of Tamil Nadu on the east and south respectively.
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Buildings in Thiruvananthapuram district (7 C, 5 F)
- ► Education in Thiruvananthapuram district (3 C, 1 F)
- ► Geography of Thiruvananthapuram district (20 C, 3 F)
- ► Nature of Thiruvananthapuram district (11 C)
- ► People of Thiruvananthapuram district (9 C, 6 F)
- ► Transport in Thiruvananthapuram district (5 C, 2 F)
- ► Edava (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Varkala (3 C, 15 F)