Category:Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

The Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse located at 40 Centre Street at Pearl Street, on Foley Square in the Civic Center district of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1933-36 as the Foley Square Courthouse and was designed by Cass Gilbert and Cass Gilbert Jr. to feature a colonnade of Corinthian columns. It was the elder Gilbert's last design. In 2001, the building was renamed after Thurgood Marshall, who sat there on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals before being appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Source: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.)

Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.