From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Ulverscroft Priory was founded by Robert de Bossu, Earl of Leicester in 1134 as a priory for eremites of the Order of St Augustine. It was closely connected with the Lords Ferrars of Groby. The last Prior was Geoffrey Whalley. On the suppression of the Priory in 1539, Whalley was granted a pension of £20. The Priory estate at this time comprised in Charnwood Forest, 300 cattle, 1,000 sheep and 60 swine. Seven men were employed felling and carting timber for the Priory brewery.