Category:Urania (ship, 1928)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type of ship: Bermudaketsch
- Ship's hull: Stahl / Steel
- Built by: Haarlemsche Scheepsbouw Maatschappij, NL
- Overall length: 26.85 m
- Length (hull): 23.40 m
- Breadth: 6.04 m
- Draught: 2.50 m
- Sail area: 305 m2
- Type of rigging: originally rigged with a wishbone rig, soon converted into a gaff rigged schooner. Now: Ketsch
- Main engine: Caterpillar 186 kW
- 1928 Named: TROMP Flag: Netherlands
- 1938 Sold to the Royal Dutch navy and commissioned on 23rd April as a training ship for young naval staff, renamed URANIA Registered port: Den Helder
- Confiscated by Germany during World War II.
- 1946 Restored and modernized in the Netherlands, rigged as a bermuda ketch
- Won the Cutty Sark Trophy in 1982 and 1985
- 2004 General overhaul.
Media in category "Urania (ship, 1928)"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.