Category:Volta (ship, 1872)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Middle saloon steamer
- Builder: Escher&Wyss, Zurich
- Hull type: Steel,
- Launched: 1872
- Length: 54,17 mt
- Breadth: 10,86mt
- Displacement: 267 t
- Total Capacity: 650 pax
- Engine builder: Escher&Wiss - Zurich
- Engine type: low pressure vertical sliding steam engine
- Power: 400HP
- Fuel: Coal
- Propulsion: 2 paddle wheels
- 1872: Named: VOLTA Flag: Italy
- 1893 Completely rebuilt; boilers are changed and structures completely renewed
- 10.1908 Due to strong wind (Breva) and to darkness, she runs aground in Coldirolo gulf at Varenna, reporting serious damages.
- 10.1924 Crushes with a boat sailing without the regulamentar light near Menaggio, a fisher drowns.
- 31.01.1945 Victim of anglo-americans air attacks and damaged, but still able to move.
- 14.03.1945 Attacked by an anglo-american squadron, the steamers is inviting and most of all defenceless, and the passages follow by, until the steamers is completely involved by flames. The brave voluntary Firemen from Menaggio and Gravedona and all of the soldiers from the nearby run there, but there's nothing to do for the steamer, whom huge stake lasts all the night long.
- 05.1947 Ruin is pulled to Tavernola. What's left of the majestic "Volta" is unrecoverable, so the poor ruins are scrapped.
Media in category "Volta (ship, 1872)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Brogi, Carlo (1850-192...