Category:Wavertree (ship, 1885)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Fully rigged ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Oswald Mordaunt & Co. Southampton United Kingdom
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion: 1885
- Length over all: 279 feet
- Length on deck: 263 feet
- Beam: 40.2 feet
- Draught: 26.9 feet
- Depth: 24.4 ft.
- GRT: 2170
- NET: 2118
- Main engine:
- Speed: kn
- Crew: 3 officers, 21 men
- Sail Area: 31,495 sq. ft.
- 1885 Named: SOUTHGATE
- 20.07.1888 Sold to R. W. Leyland & Co. Renamed: WAVERTREE
- On her final sailing voyage, attempting to round Cape Horn during a storm, she was damaged severely, and disabled, little more than a hulk, she limped into Port Stanley on the Falkland Islands. Sold "as is" for £2850.
- Renamed: DON ARIANO N Towed to Punta Arenas and spent the next 36 years in the Magellan Strait being used for wool-storage.
- 01.1948 Towed to Buenos Aires Converted into a sand barge
- 1968 Sold to South Street Seaport Museum Renamed: WAVERTREE
Media in category "Wavertree (ship, 1885)"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.