From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Westport House in Westport, Ireland is the stately home of Lord Altamont the Marquess of Sligo. It was built by the Browne family in the 18th Century, on the site of an O'Malley castle whose dungeons are still present today. The architects were Richard Cassels who built (1730 ) the east section of the house facing the town, and later James Wyatt who built the other three facades to form a quadrangle. Later the quadrangle was filled in with a grand staircase. North and south wings were added to the designs of Benjamin Wyatt. The south wing, which contained a library, was burned soon after it was built due to a defect in the heating system. It was subsequently rebuilt.
Português: Westport House é um palácio rural da Irlanda, sendo a sede de Lord Altamont, o Marquês de Sligo. Situa-se em Westport, no Condado de Mayo.
Media in category "Westport House"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.