Category:Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway was a 12.75 miles (20.52 km) line connecting Wrexham and Ellesmere which opened in 1895. It connected with the Wrexham, Mold and Connah's Quay Railway. Passenger services were withdrawn in September 1962 and the line was lifted from Ellesmere to Pickhill. The line was cut back further in December 1971 to Marchwiel, and again in May 1973 to Abenbury siding. The last goods train ran in May 1981 after which the line was closed and lifted.
Media in category "Wrexham and Ellesmere Railway"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.