Category:Ziv military hospital

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search


The German Deaconess Hospital, erected 1892-94, was taken over and used in 1948 during Israel's War of Independence as a military hospital, from now on under the new name "Ziv Hospital". After the war, some services of the Hadassah Hospital, which had been evacuated from Mount Scopus, were moved here and it all became part of the civilian Bikur Cholim Hospital. Bikur Cholim Hospital had been standing right across the street (pre-1948 name: Chancellor Ave., now Strauss Street) since being buit in 1910-1924. As of 2014, the German Hospital/Ziv building is still in use as one wing of Bikur Cholim Hospital.