Category talk:Ancient Persia
As long as I understand, the Sassanid Empire is included in this category. For example,
- the two great dynasties of ancient Persia, the Achaemenid and the Sas- sanid
- the kingdom of the Sassanids in ancient Persia between 226 and 651.
Person who made this category and info has absolutely no any idea about history:
- This category covers the Iranian history timeline of Persia from the founding of the first ancient Persian Empire dynasty to Greek conquest of the last ancient Persian Empire dynasty - wrong, Sassanid Empire was last ancient Persian empire.
- The founding of the Achaemenid Empire in c. 550 BCE created the first Persian Empire dynasty - disputable, because of Median Empire
- Alexander the Great conquered the Achaemenid Empire in 330 BCE, ending the Ancient Persian Empires era - wrong per point 1, later both Parthian and Sassanid Empires existed.
Same person also made duplicate category called history of Persia (redirected to History of Iran) claiming that Persia was renamed (wrong, Persia is exonym) in 1925 (wrong again, it was 1935 when Iran asked Western countries to use domestic term). This category should be deleted because we have specific categories History of Iran, Achaemenid Empire, Sassanid Empire, etc. --Orijentolog (talk) 13:23, 4 May 2013 (UTC)