Category talk:Chili peppers
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
What's your source here? Wikipedia en:Chili pepper: "Chili pepper is the fruit of plants from the genus Capsicum, members of the nightshade family, Solanaceae.
The five domesticated species of chili peppers are:
- Capsicum annuum, which includes many common varieties such as bell peppers, wax, cayenne, jalapeños, and the chiltepin
- Capsicum frutescens, which includes the chiles de árbol, malagueta, tabasco and Thai peppers
- Capsicum chinense, which includes the hottest peppers such as the naga, habanero, Datil and Scotch bonnet
- Capsicum pubescens, which includes the South American rocoto peppers
- Capsicum baccatum, which includes the South American aji peppers"