Category talk:Municipalities in São Paulo
I disagree. That's exactlly why we don't need to move. It doesn't matter what is the name in wp:en. They've decided that the city is more important than the state, but as anyone can see, there's no reason for disambiguations here as there's no reason in all 26 others states.
Ps. pt:São Paulo refers to the state. What is the difference? Ah, "São Paulo" in English isn't the same as "São Paulo" in Portuguese?
- They've not decided that the city is more important than the state, but that most people think São Paulo refers to a city. Near all the other Wikipedia projects did so. Commons Wikimedia is a tool for all Wikipedia users, not only for Portuguese ones. --Juiced lemon 12:31, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- So, let's discuss about move "São Paulo" to "São Paulo (state)". We can easily put something like "This category contains all municipalities of São Paulo, a Brazilian state."
- We don't need to disambiguate because there's no ambiguation. Raphael Lorenzetomsg 13:01, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- I want to rename this category because category names have to be standardized to allow fast maintenance. We have thousands of media files to recategorize because they clutter up general categories.
- When you create subcategories for the place <location>, we have to name them “Items of/in <location>”.
- Don't worry about the move, since a bot can do it on well-founded request. --Juiced lemon 13:20, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
"standardization" is the word. I also want the categories to be standardized and the suffix isn't in the current standard of brazilian categories. Check Category:Coats of arms of Brazil by state, Category:Flags of Brazil by state, Category:Maps of Brazil by state, Category:Location maps of municipalities of Brazil by state and many others. Raphael Lorenzetomsg 15:28, 12 December 2006 (UTC)