What is this Category good for? It collects items, that absolutely not belong together! IMHO nonsens! TomAlt 23:05, 15 March 2006 (UTC)
I guess, this category is good for finding pictures on certain topics. Payton. 22.214.171.124 09:58, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
My question is: Where would I find metros, i.e. pictures of underground stations, trains etc.? Would it make sense to create a new subcategory Metro? I have a bunch of own photographs made in the metros of Cologne, Munich and Frankfurt. Payton. 126.96.36.199 09:58, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- The Category "Places" actually shouldn't contain any images directly - it's supposed to group together other categories for "places".
- As for subways: Category:Subway was deleted a while ago - don't know why. Perhaps re-created it and add it to Category:Public Transport or Category:Rapid transit (and don't forget to add existing subway pages/categories there, too, like Category:Munich U-Bahn, gallery U-Bahn Frankfurt, etc - also look into Category:Rapid transit in Germany). But maybe first ask User:SPUI and/or User:Shizhao why Category:Subway was deleted. -- Duesentrieb(?!) 10:20, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
I removed the following from the category description:
There are several reasons for this removal:
- The text does not describe the category, which is what category descriptions are for.
- Commons:Free media resources is the appropriate place to list media sources.
- It seems odd to single out this particular category and this particular photo sharing site for this type of linking to a vaguely related tag, particularly since the tag is really too generic to be meaningful.
- Most of the photos found by following that link appear to be non-free.
- The text takes up a lot of space and detracts from the actual content.