Commons:Requests and votes/Micheletb
Hello, -well, let's just follow the guidelines:
- A compelling reason: I just realized that my works on chineese ideograms caused a lot of deletion requests, that I could as well handle by myself (that is... if I were an administrator, of course). So the "compelling reason" as to why I should be an administrator is that I could take my legitimate share of the work (that is, all of it ;o).
- Some examples of your work on Commons: My work on common is directly linked to my work on french wictionnary and french wikipedia: picture uploads. When I must work on a category, I usually clean it up and categorize a few lost pictures. Some categories that are heavily loaded by my contributions are:
- All ancient chineese ideograms in Category:Oracle script GIFs, Category:Great seal script GIFs, Category:Seal script GIFs and Category:Bronze script GIFs. I import them from http://www.internationalscientific.org (with personnal authorisation), but when these pictures are converted to SVG files, my next job should be to supress the .gif file. All these entries are used in :fr:wiktionary Catégorie:Evolution graphique chinoise (sorry, I don't know how to make the transwiki link).
- All animated GIFs in Category:Animated constellations. I have made some animated chinese characters as well.
- Being interested in gregorian chant, most of the pictures in Category:Cantus planus have been made by myself (the style is quite recognisable, if you want to look at them) and used on the fr:Chant grégorien series.
- I have done some work on animal classification too, when looking for animal pictures, but not that much.
- Related experiences on other Wikimedia wikis: None (well, I've been in touch with administrators, of course...). My experience is mostly on fr:wikipedia, and secondarily on fr:wictionnary (my contributor name there is "Michelet", BTW). On these wikis, I never felt the need to be an administrator. Oh, yes, I contribute as "wikipompier" (wikifireman / moderator) on fr:wikipedia, but this may be a bit far-fetched.
I've been contributing for over a year now, and feel like continuing. So with an administrator profile, I will certainly contribute here to the general tidiness (deletion requests...) from time to time. At least, every time I have a picture to delete, I'll make a turn on speedy deletion requests. Micheletb (talk) 10:42, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support, you appear to be active here on Commons, and I think adminship would only be benefitial. / Fred Chess 14:28, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support, of course: he is need with administrator's tools on the Ancient Chinese characters project (which will have to overview about 4.000 files !). He already is the main contributor of this project, and also give a valuable help on the CJK stroke order project . His knowledge of the ACC naming conventions, his understanding of the ACC project, and the need of one admin on this ACC project are 3 facts. I, administrator of the sister project "CJK stroke order" can't continue to do this job. Micheletb is the sole user to have all the experience, knowledge and activity to do this. Moreover, he do several other works fine. --Yug (talk) 21:45, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
neutral : Michelet, please show that you have read & understood some core pages like Commons:À propos des licences, Commons:Bandeaux de licence et Commons:Guide de suppression. Also, I have never seen you on the Bistro, it would be a good idea to watch this page. You have a few untagged and orphan images, please fix this ASAP. Finally, you are uploading a lot of GIF images like this, a bad format... (en français : avant de voter, je veux m'assurer que tu as lu et compris les règles qui sont énoncées dans les pages ci-dessus ; je ne t'ai jamais vu sur le bistro, où il serait bien que tu fasses un tour de temps en temps pour aider les nouveaux ; et il faudrait que tu vérifies tes propres images, certaines sont sans licence ou orphelines. Enfin, tu importes des GIF, un format non recommandé par rapport au PNG. Merci !) le Korrigan →bla 05:56, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support skilled volunteer. Greudin 11:15, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support more french admin is not a bad idea on Commons. ~Pyb 18:39, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support More french admins is not a bad idea on Commons. ;) Cary Bass demandez 19:34, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support A productive, French-speaking user, interested in licenses (and even in coats of arms), used to moderation: it sounds like a very good idea! Bruno 20:21, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support : I hope only a better consideration on full respect (in spirit) of real free usage on pics with ambiguous situation (date or unkown creator). Oxam Hartog 21:48, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support. Supportons la French connection. Bibi Saint-Pol (sprechen) 23:01, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support, nice chaps Moez talk 03:51, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Herby talk thyme 14:23, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support -- Bryan (talk to me) 18:54, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support Romary 21:02, 5 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Klemen Kocjančič (Pogovor - Quick response) 10:15, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support--Jusjih 14:01, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
- Support VIGNERON * discut. 10:18, 8 April 2007 (UTC)
- Appointed.--Jusjih 14:50, 8 April 2007 (UTC)