Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Upload SVG locator maps of all French communes (approx. 36000 files). I am agreed to do so with French Wikipedia's project "Communes de France": w:fr:Discussion_Projet:Communes_de_France#Situation_des_communes_dans_leur_d.C3.A9partement. Note that somme categories will have to be corrected by hand: in case of homonymy.
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic, but I'll upload only a few files each time
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): From time to time, my operator is watching me.
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): a lot
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Y
Programming language(s): php with botclasses.php
- Looks OK for me, but I think will be good idea to add English (and may be some other languages) description. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:46, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support It seems that the bot brings good results. Image descriptions (English description would be nice it is no must in my opinion) are ok, categories are ok. --High Contrast (talk) 15:43, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Support I didn't see any problem with this bot during the first uploads. So it should get the authorization to run. Croquant (talk) 17:47, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- File:01301 in dept 01.svg seems to be based on File:Blank Map of Ain Department, France, with Communes.svg. The later mentions a "Licence Ouverte" work. Does this need to be mentioned in File:01301 in dept 01.svg as well? -- at 11:46, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- "Licence ouverte" (or "open license") is like CC-BY. Thus, I think it would be better (but not needed) add the link to  in the description, as Poulpy did in File:Blank Map of Ain Department, France, with Communes.svg.
- So the bot should, imo, add 2 pieces of data : the link and the description in English. I've added this to File:01301 in dept 01.svg so we can see an example. --El Caro (talk) 09:54, 12 June 2012 (UTC)