Commons:Bots/Requests/File Upload Bot (99of9) (2)
Operator: 99of9 (
Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Batch uploads of existing public domain (or free) images.
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): One time runs (perhaps in batches)
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): pywikipedia default
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): N (already flagged)
Programming language(s): pywikipedia bot supported by custom bash scripts
- The contribs will be swamped by the existing approved job, but the test uploads for this request can be found here: Category:Photographic material from the Queensland State Archives. They were uploaded in numerical order, and all the issues were sorted out for numbers ~15-30. --99of9 (talk) 11:53, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- I think will be good idea to use language tags for Permission and non-standard fields with text.
- Looks like better categorization is possible. If not automatically, may be dedicated category should be used where interested users could find a task to do?
- EugeneZelenko (talk) 15:01, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- Done Ok, I've put the language tags in (see id numbers 31-40). I think these are best categorized by hand. I expect to enlist the Wikimedia Australia community. I guess the category Category:Photographic material from the Queensland State Archives will be fairly dedicated to these for a while, because I created it especially for this batch, but just as a precaution, I've also now put them in Category:QSA media uploaded by User:99of9, and future uploads will go there. --99of9 (talk) 10:38, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
- Indeed. I think it should be approved. I trust the operator examining the copyright status very closely before. And anything else could be corrected later, if problems arise. -- Rillke(q?) 17:57, 22 March 2013 (UTC)