Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought:
- Uploading free images from fr.wikipedia, using imagecopy.py, and after manual review by myself.
Automatic or Manually Assisted: Manually assisted, using the imagecopy.py interface.
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): in batches.
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): not very fast as it needs manual reviewing, so I do not expect more than one or two uploads / minute
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Y
Programming Language(s): python (pywikipedia framework)
Just a quick explanation. I do a lot of transfer of free images from fr.wikipedia to Commons. My method is to review images on fr.wikipedia, asking for more information if the license status is unclear. Then I use Commonshelper to assist me with the upload. As there are still about 20,000 images to transfer, I would need the assistance of a bot, as does Multichill for instance, for the transfer part. I am very conscious of the problems associated with batch uploads and I intend to still review each image and make sure all information is correct after upload. I have already run Korribot as a bot on fr.wikipedia and ht.wikipedia for miscellaneous maintenance tasks. Thanks, le Korrigan →bla 08:28, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- Could you please make a test run? Please also provide details about categorization. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:49, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- I will. Regarding categorisation, I use first Commonshelper's default behaviour (which is to use Commonsense for a first guess) and then I review manually each image to make sure the categories are fine. If there is a better way please let me know, but this is how I have done so far anyway. le Korrigan →bla 15:59, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- I have transferred a couple of images using the bot. Please tell me if anything needs improving. The categories just happened to be the right ones from start, but if they had been wrong I would correct them. le Korrigan →bla 17:29, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
- I think for images in public domain (File:Jean sans peur.jpg) will be good idea to investigate and add to description painter/date of creation/or at least dates of subject. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 15:10, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
FYI, I have informed other French-speaking people on Commons:Bistro#Transfert d'images depuis Wikipédia. le Korrigan →bla 12:47, 8 October 2009 (UTC)