From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Operator: Andrew Gray (
Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought:
- Uploading images from the British Library's "Mechanical Curator" feed - see here for details about the project and here for sample images.
Automatic or manually assisted:
- Automatic when operational, manual for early testing
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run):
- Continuous with occasional batch runs
Maximum edit rate (e.g. edits per minute):
- In normal operation, once per hour, or as frequently as the original script operates.
- For batch uploading, throttled to one per minute.
Bot flag requested: (Y/N):
- For batch uploads, pywikipediabot.
- For regular (hourly) uploads, pywikipediabot or directly through the API - working out just now which is simplest.
- Having some problems getting this coding to work. Will report back - apologies for the delay :-) Andrew Gray (talk) 14:04, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- @Andrew Gray: I see that you haven't made any edits with the bot account since October; is this still a project that you want to undertake? odder (talk) 20:56, 9 February 2014 (UTC)