Operator: Smallman12q (
Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: To upload the NOAA Office of Response and Restoration Photo Collection. 4000 files of high-res JPG and PCD. I plan to convert PCD to 2048*3072 JPG for upload.
See User:Smallbot/source/NOAA Office of Response and Restoration Photo Collection for more details.
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): one time run
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): 5-10 (depends on upload speed)
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): N
The extracted metadata is limited the galleries 1,2, and 3. (See the xml files of User:Smallbot/source/NOAA Office of Response and Restoration Photo Collection). I'm not sure how to name the files where there is no metadata.Smallman12q (talk) 22:52, 21 November 2012 (UTC)
- Can you give examples of how the file names will be constructed, and can you point us to an example of missing metadata? --Dschwen (talk) 08:02, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- I've posted a table here. Some of the items have no description, some have a vague description ("??Oregon somwhere"), some have conflicting descriptions ("Roebling Steel, Roebling, NJ 4/4/90 Water treatment facility located on the banks of the Delaware River." and "Roebling Steel, Roebling, NY 4/4/90 Water treatment facility located on the banks of the Delaware River.") Should I upload with multiple descriptions?
- Some are very good. From gallery 4, they follow this pattern: <incident>, <place>, <State>, <Date>. <Description>. such as "Powell Duffryn chemical storage tank incident, Savannah, Georgia, April 1995. Data from a berm chracterization overhead used during the Powell Duffryn incident."Smallman12q (talk) 20:05, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
Gallery 4 is the most complete. I've created a table here. I'll take the first 230 characters of the description as the filename.Smallman12q (talk) 02:45, 11 December 2012 (UTC)
- I'm happy to approve the gallery 4 upload. For the others, especially those without descriptions, I'd like to see an example of the proposed filenames before upload. --99of9 (talk) 11:29, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe we're all waiting for each other here. Would the bot operator like to comment on plans for galleries 1-3? Or should I just close with approval of gallery 4? You're a very experienced operator, so I trust whatever you decide to go with. --99of9 (talk) 12:53, 22 May 2013 (UTC)