Automatic or Manually Assisted: both, depending on the script used
Edit period(s) (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): on request
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Yes
Functions: I intend to run it mainly for basic operations such as text replacement. This bot has already got the bot flag on fr:Wikipedia (translated name) and en:Wikibooks. As you can see, I don't run it continuously on many wikis, since I have many other activities :) Though I have some repetitive tasks to perform here and I want to avoid cluttering recent changes and watchlists. For example, I wish to add a GFDL license to all my cc-only pictures and add my email to all my photos, and I would be pleased to help users who have similar requests.
- I may use it for mass categorizing in the future but this is only an idea for the moment, since it requires some serious thought.
Discussion opened on May 9th, 2007
- No objections for declared text-replacement activity. I think will be good idea to discuss mass categorizing ideas/algorithms before wide bot usage in this area. --EugeneZelenko 14:24, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Agree with EugeneZelenko, no obvious problems --Herby talk thyme 15:10, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- No objections. Me. Cary Bass demandez 15:37, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Agree with EZ, let's talk about cats first, hmm... always a thorny topic round these parts. But no issues otherwise, sounds good. ++Lar: t/c 23:19, 11 May 2007 (UTC)