Commons:Categories for discussion/2010/05/Category:Young men
- Rename Young men to Adolescent boys (yes this will require alot of re- categorizations that I will do.)
The following categories will have new definitions, but will not have name changes.:
Reason: The way these categories are set up, especially when it comes to the way the "by age" subcategories are set up, the proper image locations are very confusing. (See these previous cfd’s, girls and Young Women for examples.) We can easily find an image of a 16 year old categories right next to an image of a 30+ year olds in the “Young men” category.
- 1. Boys (birth – 13 (puberty))
- 2. Adolescent boys (13 - 17 years) instead of "Young men"
- 3. Men (or perhaps Adult Women) (18 - 59 years)
- 4. Old men (60+ years)
I am using, but slightly modifying, the Physical stages of human life section found on the Human development (biology) wikipedia page. This will also match how w:Category:Images of young people describe "Young people" as that category fall into Category:Childhood and Category:Adolescence
Obviously this can be modified with input from other editors. My logic on using Adolescent boys (13 - 17 years) instead of Adolescent boys (13 - 19 years) is that some images (such as nude images) need to be denoted as "Adult" aged at 18 instead of "Adolescent" at 18. Since this is a big change, I didn’t want to just jump in a do it without a consensus. --ARTEST4ECHO talk 12:45, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- I have decided that I'm not going to work within wikmeadia commons anymore. Since I do think that this idea is something that needs to be done, I am going to leave the CfD open. However, if those who disagree with me close this cfd, so be it. Unfortunately, unless someone is willing to do the work and take over implementing this idea, it won’t get done. I realize these seams a bit bitter, and it is, and I apologize. However, I have more important things to stress out over.--