Commons:Categories for discussion/2010/08/Category:Former players of Real Madrid CF
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- True, such categories shouldn't exist. If a player plays for another club, say ABC Club (hence former Real), simply add it to both categories; current Real and ABC. Rehman(+) 03:46, 13 September 2010 (UTC)
- Comment :
- There is the players who play for another club and the players who stop to play.
- When there is two or more categories Players of on a file/page, how do we know wich one is the current one ?
- In the category Players of, how do we know wich players are currently in the team ?
- Finally, there others cat. Former players … : Special:PrefixIndex/Category:Former players. Cdlt, VIGNERON (talk) 13:56, 20 October 2011 (UTC)
- Delete Useless category as well as any category as former xxx of xxx. We don't need to know what is the current club, we are categorizing players on the club they played for. -- SERGIO (aka the Blackcat) 15:46, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
- DeleteIn the context of the player Arjen Robben, it was pointed to me that "A photo showing a player of Bayern Munich in a match against Chelsea has nothing to do with Real Madrid. The consequence of this categorization is blowing up the category system of soccer clubs with unrelated media files", and after that I created this category without thinking consciously about it. Doing that was a mistake, but I also agree with Martin H: a category must contain images and subcategories related to the subject, so the current approach doesn't seem to be a good one. That's why I created Category:Players of FC Barcelona by season later. Lobo (howl?) 18:29, 26 August 2013 (UTC)