Commons:Categories for discussion/2010/12/Category:Samochód pancerny wzór 34 armored cars
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
This deletion debate is now closed. Please do not make any edits to this archive. You can read the deletion policy or ask a question at the Village pump. If the circumstances surrounding this file have changed in a notable manner, you may re-nominate this file or ask for it to be undeleted.
- Category:Replicas of Samochód pancerny wzór 34 armored cars
- Category:Replica of the Samochód pancerny wzór 34 armored car made by Leszek Kusiak
- Category:Replica of the Samochód pancerny wzór 34 armored car made by Robert Tirczakowski and Tomisław Kalembka
- The reason for why this category is called what is, is because Samochód pancerny wzór 34 is the FULL NAME of the vehicle. That was the Polish military designation system at the time. As I already said there does not seem to be a problem with categories like Panzerkampfwagen III so why is this one a problem.
Category:Panzerkampfwagen III has the original German labelling but not such unreasonable bilingual one like Category:Panzerkampfwagen III armored fighter car III armored cars. --ŠJů (talk) 21:02, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- In my view, it would be analogous to Category:Panzerkampfwagen III. The second variant would be fully English name (if the name will be perceived as generic, not as a proper name). --ŠJů (talk) 21:53, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Category:Samochód pancerny wzór 34 would be reasonable, but Category:Polish Armored Car type 34 would be more in line with conventions on naming. Leaving the Panzerkampfwagen in German makes sense, as the German name is familiar to users across the world. Having separate pages (with an interim category with no photos in it) for replicas based on who built them is entirely unnecessary. The filenames and image descriptions are currently enough to explain the differences. Mr.choppers (talk) 18:08, 21 January 2011 (UTC)