Commons:Categories for discussion/2012/07/Category:Beech Marten in heraldry
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Beech Marten might very well be be different from Pine Martens, but that is not the point. It is not that it should be be exclude, but rather that it should not be included in the first place.
- In the category, in question, all the martins look the same, but they do not look like beech martens, or pine martens, or any other kind of martens - they just look like martens.
- Because they are all blue, they have stopped being a specific species of marten and become, just martens.
- None of the 6 blazons state that they are a "beech marten", but rather they state "d'une fouine d'azur"
- Our own Wiktionary[], gives this definition: "fouine f (plural fouines) - weasel, stone marten"
- We must stick to the blazon and the image. Neither of which state beech marten nor look like any particular species.
- This is Project Heraldry, not Project Zoology. We cannot, in clear conscience, have a category for every single species of animal. Kiltpin (talk) 11:55, 4 September 2012 (UTC)