Commons:Categories for discussion/2013/02/Category:Stationary gas-based turbomachines ("gas turbines")
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
This discussion of one or several categories is now closed. Please do not make any edits to this archive.
- I was awaiting your comments on this title but not this early :-)
- I agree that the name is awkward (I searched without success for a guideline or policy regarding disambiguation parenthesis). I strongly disagree that "gas turbines" can be a useful category name, however. The concept is so loose, even when disambiguated from the rotating part, that it is often used to designate any gas turbomachine (the lead illustration for W:en:gas turbine has been a turbojet for years now).
- I would like here to categorize only stationary gas turbine engines (I think the current content reflects this well now). Can you propose a better name? Thanks, Ariadacapo (talk) 21:06, 5 February 2013 (UTC)
- Support "Stationary gas turbines" per Andy. Seems specific enough. — Huntster (t @ c) 00:28, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- Support "Stationary gas turbines" per Andy. Full text "Stationary gas-based turbomachines" could be added to the body of the category for a more complete description, both for human readers and for search engine spiders. -Pete F (talk) 01:06, 6 February 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you all, for your input! I am moving content to Category:Stationary gas turbines. In the same vein, I am going to rename Category:Stationary gas-based turbomachines by manufacturer (which I also recently created) to Category:Stationary gas turbines by manufacturer. Ariadacapo (talk) 19:36, 6 February 2013 (UTC)